The technological and economical benefits from the Westchester Telecom project enjoyed by the government are passed on to its constituents. list below are just a few:
Lower costs through pooled expenditures:
- The more contract participants, the greater the volume discounts.
- Sharing information among municipalities and other government offices will provide a vast array of services, not only to those offices, but also to the public.
- Better coordination during emergencies
Faster, more efficient services:
- The network connection between offices has the capability of transmitting 15-100 times faster.
- The county can take advantage of progressive changes in telecommunication and technology.
Reliability and redundancy:
- There is little to no loss of service.
- The high-speed backbone maximizes the ability of different levels of government to work together by providing a more seamless delivery of services.